The world’s first EPS hazardous goods packaging without outer carton receives the WorldStar Award 2019, the highest global award in the packaging industry. Only the best ideas, innovations and technologies get the chance to participate in this competition.
The award-winning product in the Packaging Materials & Components category is a hazardous goods and insulation packaging made of airpop®. A packaging concept especially for dangerous and liquid goods of packaging classes I, II and III in inner packaging. Advantage of the packaging: The shock-resistant airpop ® does not need an outer packaging made of cardboard. Category X hazardous goods packaging for goods in packaging group I offers several advantages:
- Approved by the Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing (BAM).
- Flexible in use due to the modular design.
- Extremely impact-resistant and 100% recyclable due to the material used, airpop®.
- Shipping without outer carton.
- Accelerated packaging process, reduced shipping volume and cost reduction for shipping and disposal.
The packaging concept consists of a modular system. Bottom, intermediate rings and lid can be individually assembled to suit the goods and conditions of transport. This results in the smallest possible volume and reduces transport costs. A real benefit for the pharmaceutical industry, biotechnology, chemical shipping, laboratories and all those who ship hazardous materials cooled.