FEURER’s crash pads absorb the impact of a collision and then revert to their original profile. They thus offer ideal conditions for a variety of collision safety devices – for instance, in vehicles. Here, they are used, for instance, in the vehicle’s interior to improve passenger safety, providing side impact protection, knee protection, serving as A, B and C pillars, dashboards and head rests. Because of their low weight yet their superior rigidity, bespoke FEURER absorber systems reduce the overall weight of the vehicle, thus reducing fuel consumption.
Advantages at a glance:
- FEURER’s wealth of experience with EPP and EPE materials
- Extensive freedom in terms of design
- From customised one-off units, through small-scale serial production, through to large-scale serial production
- Advantages in terms of logistics and costs for automobile manufacturers by way of customised adaptation
- Moulded parts made from EPP and EPE are easily recyclable
- For shock absorbers, inserts, defo elements, steering column linings and tool boxes